SWOT Company Analysis
Complete an environmental scan for the health care organization you chose in Week Two. Use the SWOT Analysis table. Address the following items:
• Assess the organization’s internal strengths and weaknesses.
• Analyze the industry for opportunities and threats.
• Perform a SWOT analysis. A SWOT analysis helps determine performance gaps. It includes the following components:
• Describe the organization’s present and prospective customers.
• Evaluate the impact of the following factors:
o Consumer and social
o Legal and regulatory
Submit the SWOT analysis as a Microsoft Excel attachment.
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word report in which you:
• Evaluate the significance and implications of an external environmental analysis in the development of a strategic plan. For your evaluation:
o Explain the purpose of environmental analysis.
o Describe possible implications of environmental analysis in the creation of your strategic plan.
o Analyze evolving external issues that can have an impact on the strategic plan.
o Evaluate benefits of competitive analysis as part of the strategic planning process.
• Based on your SWOT analysis, provide an assessment of your chosen organization in which you:
o Evaluate the organization’s ability to accomplish its mission, goals, and objectives as set in previous strategic plans.
o Evaluate the organization’s ability to respond to internal and external changes and challenges.
• Incorporate your SWOT analysis findings into clearly stated goals and objectives for a 3- to 5-year period, focusing on your strategic plan areas.
o You will have two to three goals for each year, with two to three measurable objectives for each goal.
o Goals may span several years.
o Outline your goals and objectives clearly and provide a narrative explanation for each of them.
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar resources to support your information.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.