Module 2 Readings
I have articles for each of the content sections this week.
1. Data Warehousing and Mining articles:
• An Introduction to Business Intelligence by Jerzy Surma
◦ This chapter gives a history of Business Intelligence — I made this an optional article – Buy it if you are interested
• The Data Warehouse by Jerzy Surma
◦ This chapter explains what a data warehouse is.
2. Introduction to Normal Curve and Simple Regression Model
• Introduction to Least Squares Modeling
• The median Isn’t the message by Stephen Jay Gould –
Trend Lines and Regression Analysis in Excel https://www.youtube.com/watch v=6rOlGbLeQxI (Links to an external site.)
3. Decision Theory – Economics: Classical methods v. Behavioral methods
• Herb Simon: 1978 Nobel Prize in Economics Award Speech
◦ You can download this article directly by clicking the following link:
4. Davenport: Analytics at Work
• Read Chapters 4, 5, & 6
We will discuss the Davenport chapters and the DELTA framework next week. This week just read.