Signature/BenchmarkAssignments are designed to align with specific program student learning outcome(s) in your program. Program Student Learning Outcomes are broad statements that describe what students should know and be able to do upon completion of their degree. Signature/Benchmark Assignments are graded with a grading guide or an automated rubric that allows the University to collect data that can be aggregated across a location or college/school and used for course/program improvements.
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to provide students an opportunity to apply research on organizational structures and design, and to explore the relationship of culture to change in human resource management.
Resources: Week 4 Learning Team Collaborative Activity; Exploring Management: Ch. 7, Ch. 8, Ch. 9
Note: There are two parts to this assignment. The first part consists of a Microsoft®PowerPoint® presentation focusing on organizational culture and management processes. The second part of the assignment is a communication plan in which the manager must send to all stakeholders regarding the layoff of staff.
Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes on each slide in which you address the following:
· Identify the importance of human resource management.
· Analyze the relationship of organizational culture to change.
· Discuss three activities in the strategic management process and define why it is important for managers to recognize the interdependent of these activities.
Create a manager’s communication plan of at least 1,050 informing the stakeholders of your organization that 1,500 employees will be laid off.
Include the following in your communication plan:
· Explain why the change in staffing must take place and its impact on all stakeholders.
· Identify key trends, assumptions, and risks in the context of your communication plan. As you develop them, consider the vision, mission, and values for your business.
· Prepare a SWOTT analysis of your organization.
Cite at least two peer reviewed references, one may be your textbook and at least one must come from the University Library.
Format your presentation consistent with APA Guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment as two separate documents.