Summary of assignment Task: Write an essay that discusses a connection between your field of study and society. The audience is people who are generally educated but do not have extensive knowledge of your field. Length: 1500-2000 words Sources: Minimum of 6. At least 3 of these must be from scholarly journals, and all sources should be selected based on reliability, currency, and level of information/analysis. You can, but do not have to, include all of the sources from your annotated bibliography.
Outcomes you should achieve by completing this assignment
The outcomes for this assignment are listed below, with the associated course outcomes in parentheses:
• Use research to write an essay that will inform or persuade an audience (Course outcome 1)
• Form unified, coherent, and well-supported paragraphs in support of the thesis statement (Course outcome 2)
• Select sources, use them to inform and support your writing, and document them in APA style (Course outcome 4)
• Demonstrate accurate grammar and mechanics in writing (Course outcome 3)
• Participate in the process of receiving feedback and revising your writing (Course outcome 1)
Topic This essay is the culmination of your research project, in which you are investigating a connection between your field of study and society. You should already have a topic that you have been working on, and identified several potential sources in an annotated bibliography. You should write on the same topic for this essay, unless your professor has asked you to make changes to your topic.