Assignment 1: Health Care Human Resources Management
Imagine that you have applied for the position of Manager of Human Resources at an acute care hospital in your community. The hospital is planning to expand its services to meet the needs of a growing community. As part of the application screening process, you have been asked to write a document that outlines the steps you would take, as the manager of HR, to improve the effectiveness of HRM in this organization.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
Suggest a significant opportunity for HR to become more of a strategic partner within an organization. Justify your response.
Recommend a model of human resources management that would be the most appropriate for this organization in question. Provide support for your recommendation.
Recommend a strategy that HR could implement in order to develop more effective relationships between Human Resources and the organization’s managers and senior executives, indicating how each strategy will achieve the desired goal.
Determine a specific employment law that may affect the hiring and selection process at the acute hospital in your community. Provide support for your rationale.
Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Analyze the unique aspects of managing human resources (HR) in health care organizations.
· Evaluate the effects of major employment laws on HR functions in health care organizations.
· Evaluate the competencies necessary for effective health care human resources management.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in health services human resource management.
· Write clearly and concisely about health services human resource management using proper writing mechanics.