SSC 319-Compute a 3-month weighted moving average
1) Compute a 3-month weighted moving average forecast for November.
Assume weights are 9, 5, 1, on Oct., Sep., Aug., respectively
2) Compute the single exponential smoothing forecast for November. Use smoothing constant alpha = 0.37. Assume forecast for January was 105.
3) Compute a trend projection line for the time series. Forecast orders delivered for the upcoming January. Round the answer to nearest integer.
4) Compute 2-month moving average forecasts for the time series and compute MAD.
What is MAD?
5) Compute 2-month moving average forecasts for the time series and compute MAPD.
What is MAPD?