Union v. Non-Union in Healthcare
Thirty years ago healthcare professionals were not unionized. Today it is a common practice for various job categories within healthcare to be unionized while other professionals are not.
In a opinion paper evaluate:
· The advantages of unions for the institution, management, employee and patients.
· The disadvantages of unions for the institution, management, employee and patients.
· Discuss the differences for Nurse management in a unionized environment vs. one that is not unionized.
· Explain how “employment-at-will works in a unionized environment.
· Explain which environment (union or nonunion) best fits into your professional plans.
Paper Requirements: Cover sheet; 2-3 typed pages by APA format; References: minimum 3